This course is purposefully built with tons of labs peppered throughout the three days of training, offering participants critical hands on time to fully grasp the new techniques and strategies in secure programming.
This course will be invaluable to software developers and programmers alike to code and develop highly secure applications and web applications. This is done throughout the software life cycle that involves designing, implementing, and deployment of applications.
.Net is widely used by almost all organizations as the leading framework to build web applications.
The course teaches developers how to identify security flaws and implement security countermeasures throughout the software development life cycle to improve the overall quality of products and applications.
EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer lays the foundation required by all application developers and development organizations to produce applications with greater stability and fewer security risks to the consumer. The Certified Secure Application Developer standardizes the knowledge base for application development by incorporating the best practices followed by experienced experts in the various domains.
This course will:
– Familiarize you with .Net Application Security, ASP.Net Security Architecture and help you understand the need for application security and common security threats to .Net framework.
– Discuss security attacks on .Net frame work and explain the secure software development life cycle.
– Help you to understand common threats to .Net assemblies and familiarize you with stack walking processes.
– Discuss the need for input validation, various input validation approaches, common input validation attacks, validation control vulnerabilities, and best practices for input validation
– Familiarize you with authorization and authentication processes and common threats to authorization and authentication.
– Discuss various security principles for session management tokens, common threats to session management, ASP.Net session management techniques, and various session attacks
– Cover the importance of cryptography in .Net, different types of cryptographic attacks in .Net, and various .Net cryptography namespaces.
– Explain symmetric and asymmetric encryption, hashing concepts, digital certificates, digital and XML signatures.
– Describe the principles of secure error handling, different levels of exception handling, and various .Net logging tools.
– Examine file handling concepts, file handling security concerns, path traversal attacks on file handling, and defensive techniques against path traversal attack.
What will You Learn?
Students in this course will acquire knowledge in the following areas:
.Net framework security features and various secure coding principles
.Net framework run time security model, role-based security, code access security (CAS), and class libraries security
Various validation controls, mitigation techniques for validation control vulnerabilities, defensive techniques for SQL injection attacks, and output encoding to prevent input validation attacks
Defensive techniques against session attacks, cookie security, and View State security
Mitigating vulnerabilities in class level exception handling, managing unhandled errors, and implementing windows log security against various attacks.
Defensive techniques against path traversal attacks and defensive techniques against canonicalization attack and file ACLs.
Mitigating vulnerabilities in machine config files, mitigating the vulnerabilities in app config files, and security code review approaches.
The importance of secure programmers and certified secure programmers, the career path of secure programmers, and the essential skill set of secure programmers.
ECSP .NET Info
You must be well-versed with .NET programming language.
Who Should Attend
The ECSP certification is intended for programmers who are responsible for designing and building secure Windows/Web based applications with .NET Framework. It is designed for developers who have .NET development skills.
Couse/ Class Duration
3 Days (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Number of Questions: 50
Test Duration: 2 Hours
Test Format: Multiple Choice
Test Delivery: EC-Council Exam Center
Exam Prefix: 312-93